Thursday, July 7, 2011

Look what I found in the closet!

I mentioned in my last blog post that the temperatures have been in the 100's. It is very hot for the humans, I can't imagine how the horse's are feeling! Even the sweating horses are panting. But it is really a bad time for the horses that have trouble sweating or handling the heat. Which leads me to my product recommendation: The Cool Medics Horse Blanket (http://www.coolmedics.com/). Which may be the next best thing to misting fans or an air conditioned stall. :)

The horse blanket is a great tool to help refresh and cool your horse during the heat of the day, preferably out of the sun and in front of some fans. Another use would be for traveling in a hot trailer or at horse shows. I don't know about you, but those temporary stalls at shows are sooo stuffy!

After soaking the blanket in water, it is staying wet for about two hours. It definately seems to help regulate his breathing and he appears less stressed (less flaring nostrils!).

I will try to add a photo of Red in his navy blue sheet. He looks very svelt!

No comments:

Post a Comment